Updated: July 3, 2014. We'll try to add a section so you add your own personal comments.
| Palazio Men's Club
501 East Ben White Blvd.
Austin TX 78704
- Palazio has become, IMHO, the best of breed south of 183 in Austin. They seem to have a very nice variety of entertainers. Something/someone for everyone.
- One of our favorite waitresses is working day shift again. Ask for Michelle!
- GONE are the days of the free complimentary lunch buffet. Lunch specials used to be pretty good. Instead, steak & shrimp lunch specials have disappeared altogether. You now have only two choices: (1) Steak and Mashers $5.99, and (2) Cheeseburger and Fries $5.99. The rest of their menu is all over the place. Some items (12-oz Ribeye $18) are still pretty reasonable, while others are OVER-priced. A cheeseburger for $10? A Club Sandwich for $12? Really? I know this is Austin, Texas and the influx of outsiders have driven property prices through the roof. But there's no good reason for kind of gouging. I don't care if it's Angus sirloin. Ya know... Sirloin is not a top cut!
Sorry Guys! Looks like the reasonable prices have disappeared. Check here for dining info .
- As the lunch specials have almost withered away, so has the attendance of patrons during lunch. It used to be common for at least half of the club to be filled. Recently, only a coule of tables were busy. And I think that's how many entertainers were there also. In about an hour, the entire day crew had rotated through main stage. Don't get me wrong! The few were excellent - just not a huge number to choose from.
- Entertainers: Seems like Palazio day crew is significantly better than Perfect 10 Cabaret (formerly Sugar's) "A" team. Quite a difference! The evening crew is pretty hot, too. Favorite entertainers: We're still deciding, but here are a few we liked recently: Alizae (sounds like Al-i-zay, but we don't know how to spell that!), Sophie, Madison, Isabella, and Arabella.
- Almost surprisingly, one entertainer offered an "anything goes" session in VIP for $600 for one hour, or $800 for two hours (includes club VIP fees). Another was only $500/hour. Actually, not surprising at all since many of these gals likely provide full services inside and outside the club (as per the ladies themselves). Sorry, babe! Just because I drop a few bills for dances does NOT mean I'm independently wealthy. I'm sure some of the scum out there is willing to pay for that, but not me.
- I'm sure this place has VIP memberships to rival Perfect 10 Cabaret (formerly Sugar's) or other clubs. Sorry, but that's just tooooo rich for my blood.
- Free cover passes might be available, but seem to be quite difficult to obtain these days. Just go early enough so you won't have a cover charge. And don't be a cheap ass schmuck! Tip the lovely lady at the door.
| Perfect 10 Cabaret
404 Highland Mall Blvd.
Austin TX 78752
- This was originally the icon formerly known as Sugar's. They've rebranded to Perfect 10 Cabaret (not to be confused with Perfect 10 Austin on Bratton Lane). They've fired everyone - all entertainers, staff, - even Frank, the guy in the restroom (IMO, bad decision by management).
- A BIG Thank You for getting rid of Flash in favor of (finally) a responsive website without toooo much animation. It still loads a bit slow, but not as bad as others.
- The website now has all their events and specials, as well as a descent dining menu.
- The food menu has completely changed, and it has probably changed since we've been there. So, sorry... No hints on what's good, bad, or indifferent at the moment. You have to check the web site to see what the specials are - if any.
- Other changes? The VIP area is nearly (or over?) half the club! The music is still unbelievably loud. What are they trying to be? A rock concert? Well... They need to start by getting rid of the ghetto music!
- We went the week after rebranding, and several times after, on Wednesdays after bowling. (Hey! We're No Ma'am!) To say the club was dead would be a gross understatement. The men far outnumbered the women. That's not the ratio you expect or want. When we asked management where the women are, they only said "They're getting ready in the dressing room." A couple of hours later... STILL no women. When we asked management where the women are, they only repeated, "They're in the dressing room getting ready...(blah, blah, blah)"
- "Regular" drink prices are confusing. Best advice: Go to the bar for your first drink. Ask the bartender what the specials are. (They are also listed on the website.) That way, when the waitresses lie to you, you'll at least know you're getting screwed! Especially with the tax on alcohol, there's no telling what the final price is going to be with the waitresses. Best bet is to walk up to the bar and get your drinks yourself.
- We can't recommend any entertainers any more. They were ALL FIRED! Sorry. You're on your own now. Or go to the Landing Strip to find all the former Sugar's entertainers.
- As for music, it's STILL a lot of ghetto rap and STILL louder than ever. The loudspeakers in every nook and cranny blast even the cockroaches out of the corners. Why they have to crank it that loud is beyond me. It's difficult to order drinks, food, or talk to anyone. Perfect 10 Cabaret... Can you take a hint?! You're not a heavy metal concert. Turn it down a notch.
- The atmosphere has not improved since the rebranding. Still way more VIP, and less regular seating, rediculous drink prices, and total LACK of entertainers. I suppose we'll still go occasionally, but not as often as we used to. I have been going there since the 80's. Hell... Back in the "dot-com" days we were there, at least, 4+ times every week!
- NO passes for free cover are available any more. Management and waitresses offered nothing.
| The Yellow Rose
6528 North Lamar
Austin TX 78758
- Oh... My.... Goodness! The website still SUCKS! They got rid of the Flash crap, but it's horribly SLOW to load
- A few of us went one evening, and a couple others for lunch. Like most other places, no cover charge for lunch. But be prepared for a hefty $10+ cover charge in the evening (I can't find the exact time that cover charge starts on their web site).
- The lunch specials are usually excellent. And we got free refills on soft drinks. Now that was a first! Ask your waitress, though, before you order a refill... just in case that changes.
- The entertainment during lunch was a bit sparse, but Dahlia was available and very nice. If time permits, we'll have to try this one more often, though lunch for me is too far now since I work out of the area.
- One gripe I have is that some of my formerly favorite seating is now VIP/reserved. What's with all these places marking more as VIP/reserved? Do you managers/owners know that you're only hurting your business by alienating us normal, working guys? We're not all retired from California with a million dollars in the bank. Go ahead - shoot yourself in the foot and keep wondering why your business is declining. You managers need to get a clue how to run the business because all you're doing is ruining it.
- The home page is still loaded with lots of animation that are slow to render. Disappointing.
- Complimentary limo service starts at 7pm. I'm sure these guys run on tips. So be prepared to drop a few $$$ for the convenience.
- "Recent Posts" are stale as the last one was September 2015!
- Their website claims they were voted Best "Small" Club in central US. Maybe they forgot to mention that there were several winners. The ED Awards 2014
| Perfect 10
16511 Bratton Lane
Austin TX 78728
- Exit 250 from South IH35, or Exit 250B from North IH35. Just south of Louis Henna Blvd/SH45 (toll road).
- Check the Events on the website for what's going on here. Daily specials and the occasional televised fight. Personally, I'd rather check out the pretty ladies than a couple of bloody dudes who will die young due to severe head trauma.
- Lots of specials going on. And a Free Roll poker tournament (Monday). Check the site for details.
- YAY! The Flash crap is GONE! And the website is actually pretty cool. Good going guys! Finally made it to the 21st century. Welcome! We've been waiting for you.
3615 South Congress Avenue
Austin TX 78747
- We haven't been to this place in a very, very long time. And based on their web site, I am not encouraged to go any time soon. The club is definitely not as big as the pictures make it look. Walk in and you'll see what I mean.
- Their web still stinks. Click the Featured Dancers link and get a blank page.
- I don't understand their hours! The Contact|Location page says hours are 10pm-5am, except Friday/Sunday are 9pm-8am. But the home page advertises drink specials from 5pm-8pm and 8pm-10pm, and lunch specials also. What gives, guys?!
- The site hasn't been updated since at least October of LAST YEAR! No new events since October/November. Whoever is supposed to do the updates is dropping their balls. Tsk tsk.
- We can't comment any further until or unless we actually go there. Don't hold your breath.
| Landing Strip
745 U.S. 183
Austin TX 78741
(near the ABIA airport)
- Looks like a lot of former Sugar's dancers ended up here!
- OMG! The website is actually reasonable (NOT lots of Adobe Flash crap!). I'm still in shock!
- There are nightly specials, but check the web site and ask when you arrive to make sure they don't change things on you. The sign outside says no cover before 8pm (I think), but they still charge the $5 sin tax when you come in. Caveat emptor!
- $150 bottle menu. Really? $30 bottle for ONLY $150. I'm happy for you rich guys that can afford this. Of course, it is a better deal when compared to the overly inflated single drink prices!
- The only other thing we have to report right now is $5 dances on Tuesday. They are strictly timed (2 minutes per songs), but that's okay. Still seems a somewhat okay deal. But if you're expecting $5 for a long song like In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, forget it.
- And on the positive side, they are keeping the site updated with events, so check it out.
| Sugar's Austin
404 Highland Mall Blvd.
Austin TX 78752
- This place was an Austin icon, better known for their premier status from the 80s through the early 2000s. They went through constant changes the last years and it was hard to keep up (pun intended). It is now REBRANDED to try to get rid of the old stench. See Perfect 10 Cabaret above for more recent info.
| Other Clubs
- We'll expand this section IF we go to the other clubs. With the limited reviews we've seen on other sites, it's not likely. Other places include Chicas Bonitas, Rick's Cabaret, XTC (BYOB), and Hot Bodies (BYOB). Sorry guys... You're on your own! Check out Yelp, or other reviews sites for info on these.